You may be eligible for a post-graduation work permit (PGWP)
 - if you graduated from a designated COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY and want to stay in Canada temporarily to work.
- How long the post-graduation work permit is valid for depends on the length of your study program. If your program was:
  • more than 8 months but less than 2 years
    • your PGWP may be valid for up to the same length as your study program (for example, if you completed a 9-month program, a work permit may be issued for up to 9 months)
  • 2 years or more
    • a PGWP may be issued for 3 years

REASONS FOR Post-Graduation Work Permit Refusal

Immigration officials rejected almost 2,000 Post-Grad W.P. applications – a big increase that marks a trend toward stricter enforcement of the law.

The number of students who failed to get Post-Graduation Work Permits jumped from 393 rejections in 2013 to 1,969 rejections last year, an increase of 500 percent. There are several reasons students can be refused - the rules aren’t always clear – and aren’t always applied evenly. Some students get it and some students don’t depends on which officer is assessing a file.

If you are applying past the 90 days after graduation, then chances of having the PGWP approved are very low. You will need to restore your status back to a student and also apply for the PGWP again. If you need help in finding a new course or college than you can call us at 604-614-9078. Note that restoration can take several months to process. If restoration is approved and the PGWP is issued, then it will only be issued for the validity of your passport so your passport needs to be good for next 3 years at least to take full advantage.