Work Permit
International Students

Yes. You may be eligible to work in Canada while studying (20 hours/week) and after you graduate (Post graduate work permit 40 hours/week). You may be eligible for Permanent residence after work.

Generally, international students can work up to 20 hours per week. They are permitted during regular school sessions or while you are studying as part of an intensive program with no planned breaks.

Do you want to work while you study in Canada? Do you have a spouse or common-law partner who would like to work during your time here? Both of you can work while you study in Canada. Working in Canada can help you develop business contacts and gain practical experience for the future. It can even help you immigrate to Canada after you graduate.

There are many ways to work in Canada while you complete your education:

  • On-campus work
  • Off-campus work
  • Co-op placements
  • Internships

Wages or salaries for work in Canada will depend on the skills required for your position and the employer. Minimum wage varies by province. Find out about minimum wage across Canada.